Loungefly Bag Care Instructions
For the LOVE of the BAGS! So, for all of our die hard Loungefly fans out there here are some go to tricks and tips to care for these highly desired products. Especially if you are like us and want them to last forever. So, Loungefly bags are very high quality, they can last for many years if properly cared for. But how do we do that you ask?
All of Loungefly's bags are made of various types of Faux Vegan Leather. This material is made from polyurethane and is quite easy to care for in a few simple steps.
The very first thing you want to do is wipe down the bag with a dry micro fiber cloth. We do this because unless it has been stored in a plastic bag the entire time, then it has been touched by multiple customers and will have all kinds of things on it like dust, oils from peoples skin, possibly makeup transfer, sticky things from kids fingers. Even if has been in a bag it will have factory residue and has been handled by people at the factory so we want to wipe it down before we begin the process.
So, you can clean your bags with a liquid soap or mild detergent the directions are below. I would like to caution against using this method too often as it will dull the bag over time. It is what we refer to as low maintenance, inexpensive means of cleaning.
- Empty the accessory
- Fill a bowl or bucket with warm water and mix in a small pea sized amount of liquid soap or mild detergent. Dip a clean soft towel in the soapy water and squeeze off any excess water. Wipe stains clean with the damp towel.
- Use a clean dry micro fiber cloth to dry off the accessory afterward. Allow the accessory to air dry when complete.
1. Wipe down the accessory with a micro fiber towel to remove any residue, oils, dust, and/ or particles.
2. There are several types of leather cleaning kits WE use the Coach Product Care Kit. Apply a small amount to a clean, soft cloth. Rub onto the accessory using circular strokes.
3. Wipe off any residue with a micro fiber cloth and let air dry for 30 minutes.
4. Apply a small amount of Coach Leather Moisturizer to a clean, soft cloth. Rub onto the leather using circular strokes and buff the leather to produce a natural luster.
5. Wipe off any residue with a micro fiber cloth and let air dry for 30 minutes.
You can use alcohol free baby wipes to wipe down the accessory once/week to keep it clean and serviceable. However, remember that not all faux leathers are the same and this may not work well with them all.
Test any cleaning product in an inconspicuous area on the accessory before using on a visible area. Allow a couple minutes after the test to check for color removal on your item.
Avoid machine washing your Loungefly accessory, as machine washing will decrease its life span.
We do recommend looking into organizers for your bags if you put a lot of cosmetics or pens, pencils, and/or markers in your bags as they will help to prevent ink or makeup from bleeding on to the liner and also keep your bags well organized. They come in a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes. They can easily be found on Amazon.
Check out this video from our Friend over at "Pixie Dust & Peaches" Don't forget to Like, Subscribe to her Channel she is awesome!!!